You can take the whole fruits, blend them with the pulp or squeeze them. Juicing is the process of squeezing the juice out of a fruit or vegetable without the pulp.
By juicing, you are restricted in food groups and perhaps calories. Many people are skeptical about the health benefits that come from juicing.
However, if you want to lose weight, juicing is a great way to achieve your goal quickly. This is especially true if you are juicing vegetables and cutting back on high-sugar fruits like mangoes and bananas.
Health benefits of juices
1. Juices ensure greater absorption of nutrients in the body. This is because the body does not have to digest fiber. When you drink the juice, the nutrients go directly into your bloodstream. Therefore, juicing ensures effective absorption of nutrients without having to eat too many vegetables during the day.
2. Juicing allows you to eat a wide variety of vegetables. You can juice carrots, cabbage, spinach, celery, and much more. There are so many recipes and options; you are only limited by the vegetables and fruits available to you.
3. Juicing can improve digestion by introducing healthy enzymes that keep the intestine working optimally. The introduction of good bacteria in the intestine and the elimination of toxins improves the general health of your body. Vegetables and fruits are rich in prebiotics that introduce healthy enzymes and bacteria to the gut.
4. Juice lowers high cholesterol levels in the body. While juicing, you significantly reduce your intake of high-cholesterol foods and your body turns to fat for energy, lowering your cholesterol and overall body fat percentage. But it’s not the juice itself that lowers high cholesterol; is the general change in diet! Avoid eating fried foods and unhealthy fats.
5. Juice helps detoxify the body. It removes toxins from the intestine and replenishes it with nutrients. Juice also gives your digestive system time to rest since there is no intake of fiber that the intestine needs to digest.
juice and weight loss
In a study to show whether juicing helps with weight loss, 20 healthy participants consumed 6 bottles of different juices daily for three days. After the three days, the participants lost an average of 1.7 kg. Two weeks after the cleanse, it was found that her weight remained an average of 2 pounds less than before.
Juices are effective in helping you lose weight; And it works even better when accompanied by a complete change in diet. You should also participate more in physical activity and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
There are many juice blends or recipes that you can use when juicing. You can also choose to juicing along with a diet: only juicing for a set period of time, or juicing along with supplements. However, it’s important to note that juicing is not a long-term solution to weight loss or wellness. It should be done occasionally to improve gut health or help with weight loss.